A Lesson in Courage with Disney Planes!

CB-sponsored-post-gray-script-600

One of our favorite things to do as a family is our family movie nights. They are easy, relaxed, fun and affordable and the perfect way to finish out a week. Going to the movies is great, but it doesn’t match getting in your pj’s and under a blanket on your couch. It just doesn’t. This last weekend, our movie night choice was Disney Planes– Avery loved this movie in the theaters and was thrilled when we got it in the mail. Note to self: hide a movie until movie night to avoid continuous obsessing on said movie.

We love all movies, but Planes has a great story line and I really appreciated the values portrayed in the movie, especially courage which can be rather challenging to explain to a 3 year old on it’s own. Dusty goes through many challenges in the movie and is courageous through all of them so I thought it would be fun to put together a book to talk about and reinforce this after the movie. And I thought I would share it with you too!!

#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop

No one thinks Dusty can win the big international race Wings Across the World but he is determined to not only get into the race, but to win it! It is his dream and he is going to follow it, even if there are problems along the way. He stops to help a friends who are in trouble and stays true to himself the whole time and it pays off in the end, he wins first place! Avery loved this movie and that made doing this fun little printable book right after very interesting. It is 3 pages and a cover but the process of talking about the questions and drawing the responses allows for at least 30 minutes of conversation.

#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop 6

Avery did really well, on the first page, she drew Dusty in the sky. On the second page where it said “Dusty showed courage when:” she said when “the people were in trouble” and drew a picture of Dusty helping Bulldog. On the last page when we talked about when she was courageous, going to the doctor and getting pokes came up so she drew a picture of her, a doctor and a red poke mark on her arm.

Here are each of the pages individually, you can right click them, save them and open them up in a word document to print. I did mine with littles so I did one per page, but you can easily do this two per page (on landscape) or put all four on the page, whatever works for you kids! I can offer a pdf later if you would like, just let me know in the comments!

Make sure you print it before you grab Disney Planes– Own it on Blu-ray Combo Pack & Digital HD on November 19!

Cover#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop 2

Page 1

#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop 3Page 2

#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop 4Page 3

#OwnDisneyPlanes #shop 5 Keep up with Disney Planes on Social Media!

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

, ,

22 Responses to A Lesson in Courage with Disney Planes!

1. JanetGoingCrazy November 11, 2013 at 11:58 am #

I love your printable book and would love to see it in pdf format, but I know how to move it to word. My boy will love it when we get the chance to watch the movie on the 19th. I think it’s great that your daughter was able to relate it to the “pokes” she gets at the doctor! #client

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 11, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

On it Janet!! She had a pretty scary hospital stint last year and was getting bloodwork every other week- she remembers it vividly unfortunately!

2. Kelley November 11, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

My nephews are at the perfect age for this! Thank you :)

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Glad you could use it!!

3. Randi - Dukes and Duchesses November 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

I love Planes and I love the courage book … what a great idea!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Thanks! It really is one of my top movies (since all I watch these days are kids movies lol!)

4. Michele R November 11, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

I love it! Super cute and great for the kiddos.

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Thanks so much!!

5. Carissa Bonham November 11, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

I love this! What a great way to take a disney movie and turn it into a learning opportunity

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

We are always watching them anyways, so now it is justified! lol! Thanks!

6. Melanie November 11, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Love your printable book!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Thanks so much!

7. Stacy Risenmay November 12, 2013 at 7:30 am #

We haven’t see this movie yet but my kids are dying to! I love having discussions with my kids after (or during) a movie about what they learned. This is perfect!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

That is a great idea, I never thought to do that until this movie but I am going to have to do it more often now!

8. ChiWei November 12, 2013 at 9:17 am #

What a great idea! We have yet to see Planes – not sure I’m ready to have my son get started on another set of toys though :-)

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

LOL True story about the toys, but it was a super cute movie!

9. Ashley @ Simply Designing November 12, 2013 at 9:33 am #

We can’t WAIT to see this movie!!! Thanks for the super cute book!! Love it!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

I am sure in my house we will watch it a thousand more times…approximately lol!

10. Tauni November 12, 2013 at 10:30 am #

What a sweet book. I miss having little ones around…Great post Michelle!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

Thanks Tauni!!

11. Nat & Holly November 12, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

This is such a cute book! I love the idea of teaching a value with the movie. We can’t wait for Planes to come out!

• delicateconstructionbymichelle@gmail.com November 12, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

I liked it too, I am going to have to think of some more books to make for future movies!