Stick Ball Pumpkin Tutorial!!

I have an insane amount of pumpkin ideas for you, insane. I just got on this kick and was turning everything into pumpkins! I will have a wrap up post coming with seriously over 10 ideas but some of them warranted their own post and tutorial, like these cute little things!!

I am so happy with the way they came out! They started out like this:

I bought them at a floral supply store for $.80, seriously!! Amazing price, and first they needed a coat of spray paint on their pumpkin journey.

Then I grabbed a pipe cleaner, I put it through about 2-3 inches and then folded that piece over.

I squished it together so I could wrap the whole thing with the longer piece.

Then I started at the top with the longer piece and wrapped around all three pieces, the two squished together and the base of the longer piece.

I wrapped and wrapped until I got to the bottom.

Then I just grabbed some crepe paper.

Cut a piece.

and twirled it up.

Then I put it through one side of the stem,

But I tied it in a knot on the other side of the stem, it helped keep it more stable. So it is almost like I tied the crepe paper around the stem, if that makes sense.

Then I just curled them with my fingers and they were done and ready to go back into the bowl by the door!

So sweet! I can’t wait to show you the next pumpkin idea! You will be digging through your kid’s room finding the main material to make them I promise!!!

Check me out at these great parties this week, click “Read More”!

On Mondays I party at:

Katie's Nesting Spot

Photobucket
Catch a Glimpse Button

On Fridays I party at:
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Over the weekend I party at:

Fantabulous Friday!

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

19 Responses to Stick Ball Pumpkin Tutorial!!

1. Nonny September 11, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

I love the simplicity of these!!
    Thanks for sharing!! So cute! :o)

2. Stephy Marie September 12, 2012 at 3:11 am #

Super cute!
    AND simple. Love it.

3. Ashley Kelly September 12, 2012 at 5:23 am #

Ohmygoodness, these are so stinkin’ cute!!! I am so excited to see the other pumpkin projects you’ve come up with 😀 Thanks for dropping by earlier, following you back!
    Ashley
    Of Thoughts and Things

4. Emma McCartney September 12, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Hi! Your blog is lovely! I found you through the blog party! Am a new follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like it! xx

myprettymummy.com

5. Liz September 12, 2012 at 9:49 am #

Super super super gorgeous! Have to steal this idea from you! Thanks for sharing! Liz

6. Jenny September 12, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Super cute! New follower from GFC Hop.

7. Q @ JAQS September 12, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

These super cute!

Love for you to share it here at my weekly linky party:

Take care!

-Q

8. SweetPepperRose September 13, 2012 at 12:12 am #

You got a steal of a deal on these! and they did turn out really cute!
    JoAnn

9. Paula Parrish September 13, 2012 at 9:53 am #

I love your pumpkins. Thanks for sharing your tutorial, very creative and simple. Love It!

10. Dixie n Dottie September 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

Super cute! Would love if you’d join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)

11. Jill September 15, 2012 at 12:00 am #

Very fun! I can’t believe the deal you got on them!

12. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper September 15, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

So cute! I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven’t already.

13. Marty Walden September 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

I love this! I bought some of these at a yard sale and just wrapped yarn around some of them but I love this idea! Pinning away…..

14. Marty Walden September 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

15. Jessi @ Practically Functional September 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Way cute! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

16. Jenn September 17, 2012 at 3:54 am #

I can’t believe you only paid 80 cents for those. I have never ever seen them that cheap. I love this idea.

17. Our Pinteresting Family September 18, 2012 at 11:19 am #

What a fantastic idea! I love them…pinning asap. Megan

18. Katie's Nesting Spot September 19, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Thank you for sharing your project on A Crafty Soiree! I’m excited to come by and let you know I’ve featured yours in the newest one. It will be up this Thursday at midnight EST. Please come by and check it out when you get a chance.

19. Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft September 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

Super cute! I’d love for you to link up this project at Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/09/do-something-crafty-58/