I am so happy with the way they came out! They started out like this:
I bought them at a floral supply store for $.80, seriously!! Amazing price, and first they needed a coat of spray paint on their pumpkin journey.
Then I grabbed a pipe cleaner, I put it through about 2-3 inches and then folded that piece over.
I squished it together so I could wrap the whole thing with the longer piece.
Then I started at the top with the longer piece and wrapped around all three pieces, the two squished together and the base of the longer piece.
I wrapped and wrapped until I got to the bottom.
Then I just grabbed some crepe paper.
Cut a piece.
and twirled it up.
Then I put it through one side of the stem,
But I tied it in a knot on the other side of the stem, it helped keep it more stable. So it is almost like I tied the crepe paper around the stem, if that makes sense.
Then I just curled them with my fingers and they were done and ready to go back into the bowl by the door!