Back to School Index Card Banner

Back to school time is almost here!!

I think there are two kinds of people, the ones that love back to school time and the ones who hate to see summer end. I guess you could be both.

I am so excited for back to school time, it is a fresh start and a time to get organized.

Also it means fall is coming which means it is almost winter which is the best time of the year.

But anyways, back on track, I thought I would do some back to school decorating to get me Avery all excited about going back to school!

You know any good blogger would start this endeavor with a fun pennant banner, I have already couponed quite a few items and I have a stack of index cards so I started with those and this is what I came up with!

I started by making triangles out of the index cards. I just marked the center and cut a diagonal line from the corner to that point.

Then used my Cricut to cut some letters.

I thought it needed something so I cut some black paper to 4×5.5 and made some triangles out of those the same way for the back and then attached everything together.

I had two blank ones for between the words and I wanted to cut apples but I couldn’t find any red paper so I grabbed some crayons and hot glued them onto the two pieces.

I had found a measuring tape during a throw everything out organizational binge and I thought it would be cute to hang the pennant pieces from it so I made holes in each end for yarn because it wasn’t long enough to reach from side to side.

Then I hot glued the triangles on and hung it up!

I am not done with the mantle but there are a couple of things up that I will share later :).

Do you decorate for back to school?

Click “Read More” to see where you can find me this week!

On Mondays I party at:

Katie's Nesting Spot

Photobucket
Catch a Glimpse Button

On Fridays I party at:
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Over the weekend I party at:

Fantabulous Friday!

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

13 Responses to Back to School Index Card Banner

1. Jess from Coxs Corner August 8, 2012 at 2:20 am #

There are so many elements to this that I absolutely adore! You did an incredible job! I LOVE it!

2. Mom of A and a August 8, 2012 at 4:37 am #

wow!! Looks just awesome!
    Thanks a lot for visiting my blog!

3. Kara @ Mine for the Making August 8, 2012 at 8:22 am #

Shut up with this CUTENESS!!! Love that use used index cards, a tape measure (aka ruler) and crayons!!! I heart you bloggy bestie…and your creative ADD brain 😉

4. Angela August 8, 2012 at 11:58 am #

I never thought to decorate for back to school but this is too cute! What a fun way to make it a celebration! And you can use this banner idea for all sorts of things! Birthdays, welcome home signs, etc. LOVE it! thanks so much for you sweet comment on my blog and I’m so happy we found eachother!

5. ChYmEc!nDy** August 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Great idea, thanks for sharing this. Anyway, im following you back. Thanks for droping by on my blog.

6. Dr. Momsie! August 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Love all your cute crafty ideas! If only I’d found your blog earlier in the summer! Now following back!

7. Nicholl Vincent August 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

what a fun idea! never thought of doing this!

Hope you’re having a great Wednesday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

8. Kelli Ferre August 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

How cute! I love this! I would love for you to link-up to my blog sometime today. :)

Wanderlust Wednesday Link-up #1!

9. Jasmine HellogmSunshine August 8, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

this is so cute… returning the favor! thanks for the follow.

10. Christine Bryant August 8, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

Uber adorable!!…never decorated for back to school…I take pics and make a special breakfast…but I think I may give this try this year.

11. Rose Jes August 9, 2012 at 1:24 am #

Such a cut idea.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

12. Jessi Wohlwend August 9, 2012 at 3:46 am #

Soooo cute! I love that you used all these school supplies to make it :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

13. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} August 11, 2012 at 3:39 am #

Very cute! Love that you did the crayons instead of an apple.
    Thanks for linking up to this week’s Catch a Glimpse party! I included this in my Feature Friday post! http://www.aglimpseinsideblog.com/2012/08/feature-friday-76.html