Under $25 Craft Organization

I have been going back and forth with the organization for my craft area because technically, where I work, is supposed to be a desk for both Wade and me… but the crafts took over.

So, I finally accepted this and started to add some organizational elements to the corner near the desk, ,but since this is our living room, it has to at least be cute!

What do you think?

Thank you to Goodwill, Michaels with coupons and spray paint. They were the major players in keeping this affordable.

I am finding this is a good place to organize some of the stuff that takes up bins and can then organize other stuff that is awkwardly shaped into the now empty bins.

Here is the first find, I bought this shelf at Goodwill for $5.99, already white. But here is the best part, on the back there is a sticker that says “Pottery Barn”… you know it wasn’t $6 at Pottery Barn, score!

On the left is a drawer organizer I bought at Goodwill for $2.99 that was wood, just a coat of spray paint later, it matches everything else.  The Washi Tape Organization from 3 min egg wall  hangers that I found at Goodwill for $1.99 I did a tutorial on that you can find HERE.

The frame is a laser cut wood frame that I found at Michaels for $7.99 but then used a 40% off coupon on to make it cheaper. More on that simple transition to the photo holder at the end.

Last is the little wooden shelf at the bottom that I also picked up at Goodwill for $1.99 and spray painted white. Woo to the hoo for spray paint!

It started out empty …

And got filled up! I think I am going to sew some sort of simple organizer for the rod on the bottom of the Pottery Barn shelf, still thinking on that one.

Back to that frame, I just cut some wire to fit the width and hot glued each end to the back of the frame after I spray painted it white.

Then I used two large command strips to hold it on the wall and added some mini clothespins, simple!!

How do you organize your craft area?

To check out where I am partying this week click “Read More”

On Mondays I party at:

Photobucket
Catch a Glimpse Button

On Fridays I party at:
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

monogram

Over the weekend I party at:

Fantabulous Friday!

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

24 Responses to Under $25 Craft Organization

1. southernscraps May 17, 2012 at 2:33 am #

This looks great. Great finds!

2. Four Marrs and One Venus May 17, 2012 at 3:41 am #

Loving it!!! Looks great- and yes you SCORED!!!

3. Kim May 17, 2012 at 4:21 am #

That is super cute. I like when storage solutions are good looking even when the items being stored are exposed. I am jealous you got such a great deal on all those things!

4. Ashley Gault May 17, 2012 at 11:14 am #

Great deal for a Pottery Barn item! I’ve seen many neat things that have been picked up at thrift stores, I’m going to have to check some I think! I like how you organized the washi tape. Thanks for visiting over at The Latest Find! Now following you back, hope you’re having a great week! =)

5. Jen May 17, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Wow! This looks great!
    I’m your newest follower!

6. Andrea May 17, 2012 at 11:44 am #

how lovely and organized!
    Love the thrifty of all of it and that shed organizer on the wall hit a note, love it!

congrats!
    Andrea

7. Accidentally Wonderful May 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

What a great space! And I love how everything was purchased frugally. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to find some great pieces! Thanks for following my blog btw… Following Back!

8. Lindsay May 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

You have done a really awesome job making it look well put together & adorable at the same time. Great finds, friend! I am so impressed!

9. Donna Wilkes May 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

Please come and organize my space! This is so neat and clean looking. I do use my formal living room for a craft room because it only has to be clean and usable about four times a year, but I am never this organized! Thanks for stopping by!

distressed Donna Down Home

10. Amy - while wearing heels May 17, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

What do I think? I think this is pure perfection. Clean, organized and oh so pretty. Lovely job!

11. BeanBugCrafts May 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Hi, I’m stopping by from your comment on my blog. Cute blog! I’m a new follower as well. This is a super cute way to organize. I’m in the process of re-doing my craft room so I’m always on the lookout for great ideas! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to “browse” around and see what other goodies you have to share!

12. Melissa May 17, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Looks great! I wished I could have a cute little craft area like this but my 4 year old would have it strung all over the house. haha! I just keep mine neatly organized in the office closet.

xoxo,
    Melissa

13. Crystal May 17, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

Kudos to you! You have made craft organization into decoration! Love it ! :-)

14. Cristina Garay May 18, 2012 at 1:53 am #

Wow! That sure is organization! I still need to find a spot to be call my craft area! You gave me good ideas for when I finally find it!

15. Fox Hollow Cottage May 18, 2012 at 2:18 am #

That turned out great. It’s so pretty and organized. Love how you can SEE everything too!!

Yep, gotta love spray paint 😉

16. *Earthly*Ashley* May 18, 2012 at 4:32 am #

This is great! What a nice crafting area! I recently re-did mine and will be posting about it soon!

earthlyashley.blogspot.com

17. Leslie May 18, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

wow – great luck on some of those finds! Everything looks awesome together, amazing what a can of spray paint can do!

18. Sherry May 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Wow, you really got a deal on your finds! Everything is so organized and neat! I discovered you on Happy Hour Projects and I’m now following. I would love if you could follow back! Tx

19. Summer May 21, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Great tips! I’ll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

Thanks!
    Sumo:)

20. Sarah Jenkins May 22, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

It looks great! I’m in the middle of organizing a new crafting space and am inspired to see what you found thrifting! I’d love for you to share this post on my new Tuesday Link Party!

– Sarah @ http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com

21. Heather Painchaud May 23, 2012 at 6:08 am #

Featured tonight! Thanks for linking up! 😉

22. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds May 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

Very nice! These are great ideas for my craft room I’m working on . thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

23. Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft May 25, 2012 at 3:37 am #

You are featured on my blog today! Stop by and grab a button, if you like! :)

24. Karen at Bargain-ista.com May 25, 2012 at 5:59 am #

Woo to the hoo for all of this! So many awesome finds and everything looks great! My crafting stuff is in the dining room area of my living room, glad I am not the only one without a craft room, this is a space to be proud of!!!