2$ Tape Stenciled Ombre Door Mat

Are you noticing a theme?

Spray paint, tape stencils and ombre?

Yeah, I had a spray paint filled weekend thanks to my fabulous Mother’s day present!! (It was 12 cans of spray paint!!)

Nothing was safe! I went to Big Lots to grab some staples and came across this mat for $2! No brainer. Honestly it may be for the bathroom, but there is an overhang over our porch and it is summer so it is really for looks because there isn’t going to be any heavy mud tracking. If there is, who cares, it was $2, I can just make another one!

I had the masking tape on hand but I picked that up at the dollar store so if you have to buy it, it would just be another buck.

I started at one of the corners and started making a geometric type pattern.

And kept on going…

And going…

And going…

Until I was done!

Then I made sure to tape off the edges.

Then I grabbed the spray paint, I used 4 colors. I started with the lightest yellow at the beginning of the tape, then went to the yellow/orange, then the orange and last the dark red.

I let it dry and then put it on the porch! It is a fun little pop of color… I need to do something about that mail box, as I look at this picture, it needs to be taken care of.

Fun and bright!

Have you spray painted anything lately?!

Come check me out at my favorite parties! Click “Read More”!

On Mondays I party at:

Katie's Nesting Spot

Photobucket
Catch a Glimpse Button

On Fridays I party at:
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Over the weekend I party at:

Fantabulous Friday!

\

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

14 Responses to 2$ Tape Stenciled Ombre Door Mat

1. What I Did Today May 24, 2012 at 5:26 am #

I have a tall coat rack that I got off craigslist that really needs some spray paint. I’ll get around to it eventually. This is such a neat project you did! We need a door mat. I may just have to copy you. :)

2. Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm May 24, 2012 at 11:47 am #

12 cans of spray paint?! My kind of Mother’s Day present!! How fun to have that much color right at your doorstep! Thanks for visiting my blog and saying such nice things. Happy to be following you back!

3. Lindsay May 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

Absolutely adorable! Great job Michelle, what a gun piece you created!

4. Amy - while wearing heels May 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Wow! I would totally buy a rug just like that one. You did an amazing job!!!

5. Christy May 24, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

It looks great! I love all of the colors.

6. The Alchemist May 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm #

Wow, this is so creative! I love it. I love reading about new creative things like this.

I’m following you too!

7. LDH May 25, 2012 at 12:47 am #

This little mat turned out so cute! I like the pattern and the colors! :)

8. SusieQTpies May 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Oh my! This is fabulous! You take great pictures of your work, too! Very fun! This Ombre art is real hot this summer!

We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers!

Have a great weekend,
    Susie

9. Sarah Forhan May 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

This is great I would never have thought of this. Love frugal crafts that look expensive!!

Thanks for adding your link to our BowdabraBlog.com Link Party

Hope to see you back again, for our next Saturday Showcase.

10. Eva {Tales of the Scotts} May 31, 2012 at 2:29 am #

This rocks! LOVE the colors and the design you did. Yah for $2 door mats!!

11. Holly Lefevre May 31, 2012 at 6:20 am #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Featuring you tomorrow!

12. Shasta @ intheoldroad June 1, 2012 at 3:24 am #

What a great, creative idea. And I really love your design. I drive my husband crazy with how much spray painting I do, lol. I would love it if you would consider sharing this idea with some of my readers. I’m sharing a linky party with another blogger so it would be linked up on 2 blogs. Here is the link.

Shasta

13. SusieQTpies June 1, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

Congrats! Your post was one of our Designer Top Picked Post from last weeks Saturday Showcase. We are featuring you on our Feature Friday post! We’ll share it on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, too! Have a great weekend and stop over to get your Feature Friday pin and link up something else on Saturday in the Saturday Showcase.

Susie @Bowdabra

14. Tulip TrueAim November 3, 2012 at 3:29 am #

That looks awesome! I love the pattern and the colors you chose. Stopping by from Crayonfreckles. Hope to see you at True Aim!