Washi Tape Storage

Because of my new addiction compulsion interest in Washi tape (if you couldn’t tell) I have decided that it needs a home.

I wanted to come up with something new and different and that is when I saw these on my craft desk:

They are sets of egg holders and timers for 3 (or 4, not sure) minute eggs, I got them in the wrapper for $1.99 each at Goodwill. The egg holders will make an appearance next week, for now I used the holders themselves to make this:

I am so excited!! I can’t believe how well it worked out, my OCD is amazed with how perfectly the tape fits right in!

They were really simple to put together, I spray painted them all white.

Then I applied some command strips to the back. I left a little piece hang out under the bottom so I can remove them later if needed. In my case, they are low enough that I can’t see this little bit.

Then I hung them on the wall:

What do you think?

Click Read More to see where you can find me this week!

On Mondays I party at:

Photobucket
Catch a Glimpse Button

On Fridays I party at:
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

monogram

Over the weekend I party at:

Fantabulous Friday!

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

18 Responses to Washi Tape Storage

1. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper April 24, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

So funny! I am doing a Wacky for Washi Tape Week on my blog this week too. Every day there is a new Washi Tape Project. So much fun. I’ve been using it for the last couple years now and always buy online but am thrilled to find it now at Michael’s and Target! It makes it much easier to pick up versus ordering. I hope you’ll stop by and check out some of my ideas too. This holder idea is brilliant! I keep mine in plastic sandwich containers that you’d use in a lunch box but this beats that hands down.

2. Lindsay April 24, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

Such awesome holders! I need some of those–and then I can buy more Washi tape. :) Great job Michelle!

3. meijo's JOY April 24, 2012 at 11:33 pm #

Now..I need to increase my washi tape collection to have a display just like yours…it’s absolutely cute and handy! Thanks you so much for sharing this brilliant found!

4. Melanie @ bear rabbit bear April 25, 2012 at 12:49 am #

What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you via BlogLovin (my GFC is full…so sad…)

5. Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family April 25, 2012 at 12:55 am #

I love this! This is such a great idea. Thank you so much for stopping by The NY Melrose Family and leaving such a sweet comment on my washi birdhouse. I’d love it if you’d share this at my link party going on now at http://www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/whimsy-wednesdays-8.html

6. Jill April 25, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Great idea! I haven’t gotten in to washi tape (yet!) and am trying to stay away because my stash of crafting stuff is already big enough! lol Isn’t it great when you have the solution to a “problem” like this right at hand?! :)

7. Jill April 25, 2012 at 4:59 am #

8. Meeha Meeha April 25, 2012 at 6:29 am #

Ha ha, very creative storahe for the washi tape! Thank you for visiting my spring bedroom – I’m following you back :)

9. southernscraps April 25, 2012 at 10:23 am #

How clever! I don’t have any washi tape yet, but any new product requires additional storage.

10. Little Becky Homecky April 25, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Love this!! very creative!

11. Natural-Nesters April 25, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

I want more washi tape!! Your collection makes me jealous! And great way to store it!

I would love for you to stop by and link this up!

12. Tammie April 25, 2012 at 7:31 pm #

Where have I been living for the past few years? Until about 3 weeks ago I had never heard of Washi Tape and now I’m hooked!! LOVE it. Would love it you would do some posts on how you are using it.

13. Tammie April 25, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

Please excuse my comment above. Ha! Just finished reading your posts in Google Reader and realized you DO give ideas on the Washi Tape. Oops :) Should have read them all before I commented. LOVE your ideas!!

14. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} April 27, 2012 at 3:04 am #

Great storage idea! I don’t have many rolls of washi tape but I just have them tucked into a storage bin and I always forget about them.
    Thanks for linking up to this week’s Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow. :)

15. JulieChats April 27, 2012 at 4:51 am #

Cute idea! It would work great for all my rolls of American Craft ribbon too! Just stopping by from Today’s Creative.

16. SWEET YARNS April 28, 2012 at 1:35 am #

What a clever idea to storage your Washi-Tape rolls. Love this product. Thanksm for sharing.

17. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds April 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

Featuring this on Handmade Tuesdays next week!

18. Christina April 30, 2012 at 1:31 am #

great organization idea…I just bought washi tape so I might need to do this too :)

thanks for linking to “20 Below Thursday”! :)